Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

the MUSIC in my head

My CDs are my lifeline. They help me work, make decisions, write, read, and complete damn near everthing I do in a day's time. I'd be lying if  I said silence was beautiful. So, without further ado, here are my 5 top Artists of the month. I have yet to go a day without listening to a song from each. I go through drastic musical states so next week I may be enamored with the Blues, Sawgrass, or Rock; anything is possible.

1.
My Dame

2.
My Rebel

3.
My Ego

4.
My Rockers

5.
My Crooner

Every once in a while I'll throw in La Bella Mafia by The Notorious Kim or Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj just to remind me that I am a bad ass Black female. I give them both their due rights and eras. It also depends on whether I am in the mood to be observed or if I choose to be the observer... GREAT art does have that type of power you know! You just have to harness every ounce of it and tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment