Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

after the STORM


There's something about sadness that is so intrinsic to the nature of music. It transcends everything: race, borders, age, religion, and beliefs. When done right, it is one word: BEAUTIFUL. This is what Corinne Bailey Rae does for me. She makes me realize it's alright to be sad, hurt, disappointed, and most of all HUMAN. Instead of falling apart from what I can only assume to be a very painful era in her life, Rae uses her talent to pick apart her emotions and hang them out to dry where every single one of us can see them. It's a brave thing to do if you ask me. Aptly entitled The Sea, Rae reminds me that pain happens to the best of us and it's okay to be vulnerable. I am in love with the agony and the progression towards acceptance. Therapy. Remedies. Growth. I see, feel, and hear it all and I can't stop listening. Corinne Bailey Rae is on REWIND this week. Music never felt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment