Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Neuva York


I've been missing for a week but it's only because I've been in New York on business. I've had a whirlwind affair with New York since I can remember. Everything about that place pushes me beyond the possibility of accomplishing all of my dreams. It's a city that comes alive every time I visit. I am always pushed to pursue and discover the greatest part of who I am now and who I will soon become. In other words, it's my aphrodisiac. I'm allowed to transform and become inspired ten times over as I walk the streets, rediscover the architecture and experience the beauty of dedication over and over again. There's nothing that I don't love about New York, except maybe the trash, but even then that aspect pales in comparison to what I gain. It's almost magical for me, like fairy tales, and it's a concept that I don't ever want to lose. So, I'm saying all of this to say that although I've been gone for a week, I've learned more than I'd hoped in such a short period. My views have been sharpened and one of the major lessons is the aesthetics of beauty. It is everywhere and it's impossible to gauge, cage or judge. It's one of those things that can be found in everything if you just look around. With that in mind, my intent is to take my recent trip, along with all the information I received, and let it infuse my work, my perceptions and my future. It's the best of both worlds. I plan to let the past fuse with the future and grow beyond my own confined borders. Did I mention I LOVE New York?!

No comments:

Post a Comment