Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

icons who ROCK

I'm settling in for the night and preparing to watch Black Girls Rock on BET. Thus, the inspiration for my list of the top 5 females who have rocked my life and still continue to be great inspirations for me as a writer. Each of these icons is either a writer or an artist, each represent an essential piece of my philosophical make up and all are at the top of their chosen fields. With that being said, here's my top 5:

1. Nikki Giovanni: Poet, Activist, Author and English Professor at Virginia Tech.


2. Veronica Webb: Supermodel, Journalist, Actress, Author.


3. Halle Berry: Actress, Model, 1st African American to win an Academy Award for Best Actress.


4. Vanessa Williams: Actress, Singer, Model, 1st African American crowned Miss America.


5. Toni Morrison: Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winning Author, Humanities Professor at Princeton (r. 2006).



My list could go on and on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment